
We recently got to celebrate Dallin's birthday! What is so sweet, is that a couple of weeks before his birthday, he was talking about how excited he was about it. Not excited that he was turning seven, but excited that it would only be one more year before he turned eight and could be baptized! So sweet!
Before you ask, no, that is not a green soccer ball cake. He wanted a TMNT (Ninja turtles) cake. So it is a turtle shell (I was not feeling confident in my 'creating a Michelangelo with frosting' abilities).
Oh, Evan actually made Dallin some 'nunchucks' or whatever those ninja things are called for a b-day gift. It was so sweet. Evan painted toilet paper rolls brown and then we stapled yarn between a couple of them. Dallin loves them! You would think they were real ones, instead of the toilet paper rolls they are! Dallin will hold one end and swing the other to knock something light over. Works for him!
Speaking of sweet...during General Conference Dallin and I talked about how he was named after the Apostle Dallin H. Oaks. Later he came and told me--very matter-of-factly, "Mom, it's a good thing you named me after him, since I am starting to be good."
P.S. Thanks for the green food coloring Rachel!
3 comments:
The cake looks great! I could tell right away it was a turtle shell. Of course toilet paper rolls would be a popular gift - who'd have thought?
how cute! I had no idea Dallin was named after the apostle- very cool!
and I could totally tell it was a turtle shell! :o)
You girls are good! Two different people that day asked me if it was a soccer ball!
Post a Comment